Sunday 15 February 2015

Book Talk and Stuff (Part 1)

**If you are viewing this post via Goodreads, click on 'View more on website' as some posts with images may not be displayed as they should**

How are you today? I hope things are great and if they aren't I wish for you that they will be very soon.

Today I want to talk a bit about books. What I’m tucking into, new books I’ve read and loved and favourite books; you know the ones that you only have to see or hear the title and good memories come flooding back in a wave of scenes like a movie? I love suspense, historical fiction, paranormal and horror stories. I also read romance, mostly with historical or western themes and enjoy a good sea adventure tale.

My favourite story brew is bullets, battles, and hot strong men paired with sassy women. I want by the time the book is finished I am about to go into cardiac arrest- that's the drama and action junkie in me talking! I love books that are easy to read and don't have me scampering for a dictionary every other page or have so many characters and endless details that a notebook is needed to keep track of what the heck is going on.

I’ll start off with what I am reading right now which is The Iron Admiral by Greta van der Rol-this is the first book I am reading by this author. Now I don’t usually read science fiction-I love watching it though. What persuaded me to try the book was that it is supposed to have some romance elements so I'm giving it a try and liking it so far.





I discovered this book when I was hunting around for a different kind of paranormal read. It was just what I was looking for- a vampire private investigator with a husband and family-that's different enough for me. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read the next in the series.

Historical Romance 


A hands down favourite of mine-love this book to pieces. A feisty heroine, a strong hero, sexy, and with some great laugh out loud moments. Perfect!

Mystery, Thriller, Suspense


A bike messenger goes to deliver a package and ends up running for his life. Full of thrills so this one was right up my alley! 



To Be Read Next


   


If you have read Hook I would like to hear your take on it or any of the titles I have mentioned and if you know of any other sea stories let me know. Well off I go to do some story outlines of my own. Hope to see you again.

Have a good evening!

Olivia



No comments:

Post a Comment